As more people begin traveling again, our T4 Safe Travel Tips serve as another resource for enjoyable virtual activities and safety resources when traveling to and from JFK T4. In addition to these lists, we also encourage outside research on activities and destinations based on your interests. Before you travel, we recommend staying updated on the safety requirements implemented by the country or state you plan on visiting, bring masks and travel-sized sanitizer with you to keep yourself and others safe and healthy, and practice social distancing. This week, we are featuring Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake is the largest metropolitan area in Utah, bordered by the and the snow-capped Wasatch Range. The county stretches from the suburbs of North Salt Lake to Bluffdale and is ringed by the Oquirrh and Wasatch ranges.
Arriving in New York City from Salt Lake City
In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in various states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the state has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for passengers arriving from states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19.A travel enforcement operation has commenced at JFK T4 to help ensure travelers are following the state's quarantine restrictions. As part of the enforcement operation, enforcement teams are stationed to meet arriving aircrafts at gates and greet disembarking passengers to request proof of completion of the State Department of Health traveler form, which is being distributed to passengers by airlines prior to, and upon boarding or disembarking flights to New York State. All arriving passengers from the designated states must complete the form upon entering New York. Travelers who leave the airport without completing the form will be subject to a $2,000 fine and may be brought to a hearing and ordered to complete mandatory quarantine. Based upon Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, the states and territories meeting the criteria for required quarantine can be found
Departing from New York City to Salt Lake City
Utah’s Economic Response Task Force released Volume 4 of the Utah Leads Together plan based on three core pillars: follow public health guidelines, stay engaged with the economy, and assist those in need. tracks counties and localities by color code to inform residents and visitors of area health guidelines.Travelers are asked to use appropriate precautions, self-monitor symptoms 14 days upon return, and avoid areas of high transmission. You can find more information on recreation, dining, and state parks here:
Safe Experiences During Your Travels
- Schedule a with Michelin Star Chef - Cristina Bowerman.
- Participate in the Living Room Legends
- Try your hand at creating traditional !
- Keep calm and that’s cooked in most households across India.
- There’s delicious sushi…flown in fresh daily.
- There are 12 local breweries in the area.
- The International Rescue Committee and other advocacy groups have a big presence in Salt Lake City. Each year, hundreds of refugees are resettled here, where they receive the help they need to become self-sufficient citizens.
- SLC’s music scene is boosted by a huge pool of regional talent including Neon Trees, The Used, and Imagine Dragons.
- There are farmer’s markets available all year long…even in the winter.
- The first (and only) ski-in / ski-out distillery in the world is just down the road.
- It’s the home of the first KFC.
JFK Terminal 4 reminds you that as your destination starting point, we are taking every step possible to keep our travelers and employees safe and secure within our terminal. Find out the steps we’re taking at T4 to ensure yours and others’ utmost safety