Careers at JFKIAT
The Operations Supervisor monitors and coordinates all functions related to terminal, landside and airside operations. This includes ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of government agencies, and JFK International Air Terminal, LLC. This role reports to the Duty Manager, Operations and requires a high degree of initiative, sound judgment, operational excellence, and leadership.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises, directs, and monitors daily performance of JFKIAT subcontractors .
- Establishes, builds strong working relationships, and liaisons with all stakeholders, including Airlines, Ground Handlers, business partners and and government agencies.
- Conducts daily performance evaluations/inspections/audits.
- Responds to incidents/accidents, conducts investigations as necessary, and prepares Medical/Incident reports.
- Coordinates and dispatches service calls for subcontractors.
- Initiates, receives, and actions communication via radio and telephone.
- Manages/executes daily operational gate/hardstand, check-in, and baggage belt plans, and coordinates airlines’ metering time.
- Enforces rules and regulations, and issues warnings and infractions accordingly.
- Assists management with other tasks/projects as needed.
- Provides customer service to the traveling public.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associates Degree preferred
- Supervisory role, including operational decision making, preferably in an aviation or airport setting
- Strong verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers from a variety of disciplines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Can analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources to develop and communicate complex information orally and in written format.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain proper credentials required by the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, TSA, and CBP
- Shift, rotating, and weekend work are required, as Terminal 4 is a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation
Physical Conditions and Work Environment
The Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and/or be able to perform the essential functions and activities. The physical activities for this position involve: pulling, pushing, and standing, sitting, stooping, walking, crouching, kneeling, and jumping. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and will be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. An individual in this position may be required to lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. The essential sensory and communicative activities include: feeling, speaking, hearing, smelling, and vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
- Aviation knowledge (preferred)
- Active learning: Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Active listening: Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupt at inappropriate times
- Time management: Manage one’s own time or the time of others
- Coordination with others: Adjust actions in relation to others' actions
- Judgment and decision making: Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Comprehend oral information: Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Speak: Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Comprehend written information: Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Write: Communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Recognize problems: Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Reason to solve problems: Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Make sense of information: Quickly make sense of, combine, and organize information into meaningful patterns
Other Work Requirements
- INITIATIVE: Demonstrate willingness to take on job challenges
- LEADERSHIP: Demonstrate willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- ADAPTABILITY/FLEXIBILITY: Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- DEPENDABILITY: Demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and dependability and fulfill obligation
Salary Range: $52,500 - $58,000