COVID-19: At Terminal 4
What is T4 doing to protect passengers and employees in the terminal?
We have taken the following precautions in order to keep passengers and employees safe:
- Increased the cleaning routine and frequency within T4 to highly trafficked and touched areas to 3-4 times a shift, such as escalator handrails, elevators, kiosks and keypads
- Expanded cleaning frequency in the bathrooms and FIS areas to an hourly basis
- Utilized only EPA-approved cleaning solutions
- Increased training for contractors on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and cleaning agents
- Expanded education and outreach for employees
- Added hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal
With the help of the CDC and governing agencies, JFKIAT has ensured its staff and the T4 community know the symptoms of the virus and how best to avoid it using good sanitary practices. The environment is fluid and trends are changing quickly, but we are well positioned to manage this challenge and are taking the necessary measures to keep everyone in T4 safe and healthy.
Have T4 employees been trained to stay safe in light of the COVID-19 outbreak?
Yes, employees at T4 have been briefed on the symptoms of the virus, as well as precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Are there hand sanitizers at T4?
We recently deployed an additional 40 hand sanitizing stations within the terminal so passengers can sanitize their hands as frequently as needed. We have a total of 40 hand sanitizing stations throughout the terminal.
Are temperature checks in place at T4?
We are working closely with the CDC and our partners to take the necessary measures to ensure both our travelers are healthy before entering the U.S. For information related to incoming passengers, please refer to the CDC website here.
We are working closely with the CDC and our partners to take the necessary measures to ensure both our travelers are healthy before entering the U.S. For information related to incoming passengers, please refer to the CDC website herehttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html.
We are working closely with our partners to take the necessary measures to ensure both our travelers are healthy before entering the U.S. All decisions regarding the screening of international passengers arriving at T4 are made by federal agencies including, The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Learn more about their response here.