COVID-19: At Terminal 4
Is Terminal 4 Open? Are there any restrictions?
Terminal 4 is open and operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Access to the terminal is restricted to ticketed passengers and individuals on official airport business only. Nightly from Midnight to 4am, entry is ONLY permitted at the following access points: Arrivals Level: Follow the red arrows on the first floor, AirTrain Platform: East entrance on the third floor, Departures Level: Door #2 on the fourth floor, Employee Screening: West screening area.
What airlines are still operating from Terminal 4?
What is Terminal 4 doing to keep passengers and employees safe?
- Restricted terminal access to employees and people with valid business.
- All JFKIAT employees are now required to have a temperature screening before they start work.
- All passengers and employees are now required to wear a mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Installed 100 hand sanitizer and wipes dispensers throughout the terminal.
- Replaced traditional water fountains with touchless water bottle filing stations.
- High touch surfaces are now cleaned using advanced electrostatic spraying to thoroughly disinfect areas.
- Significantly increased cleaning frequency at high traffic areas, including, escalator handrails, elevators, and keypads.
- Installed 150 plexiglass shields at check-in counters and other areas of interaction between employees and passengers.
- Installed social distancing signs and floor decals in the queues and other areas that help everyone keep a safe distance.
- Many of our retailers have increased the threshold for debit and credit card signatures, so you don’t have to sign when you pay.
- Many of our retail stores now allow you to scan your items for purchase and grab the receipt without any staff contact.
- Installed dispensers with disposable liners at restroom baby changing tables.
Is Terminal 4 accepting flights from other countries or U.S. cities?
Terminal 4 is accepting flights from destinations that are not restricted by the Federal Government. However, many airlines operating at Terminal 4 have suspended international and domestic flights and reduced service, so please contact your air carrier directly at least 72 hours in advance of your flight.
What are the current U.S. travel restrictions?
International and domestic air travel mandates at the federal, state city level continue to change. For the latest information, please visit:
· For New York State travel advisories and information, visit the New York State web site.
· For New York City travel advisories and information, visit the New York City Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene web site.
What is the COVID-19 screening process for international passengers?
All decisions regarding the screening of international passengers arriving in the U.S. are made by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The international arrivals process changes frequently and may be slightly different for every passenger depending upon their itinerary or health status.
- Learn more about the international arrivals protocols during the coronavirus response.
- Read the CDC frequently asked questions on protecting yourself during travel.
- Read the DHS fact sheet on notice of arrival restrictions on China, Iran, and Europe.
T4 is a work of art. Really! You’ll find our private collection of world-class paintings, sculptures, and mobiles on display throughout the terminal.